Jacksonville Fathers Rights Lawyer

Fathers Rights Attorney in Jacksonville, FL

Establishing Paternity and Father’s Rights

Jacksonville Fathers Rights AttorneyIf you are the father of a child born out of wedlock then you must take action to establish your parental rights.  The only way to establish your rights as a parent in this situation is to file a petition with the circuit court seeking to establish paternity and related relief.  You should consult with a Jacksonville fathers rights lawyer who focuses on the establishment of fathers rights.

Before the court can award time-sharing to a biological father who is not married to the child’s mother, “paternity” must be established.  There are a number of ways to establish paternity under Florida law.  You should consult with an experienced fathers rights lawyer as soon as possible.  This is a situation where it is important to “file first” because the person who files selects the venue or the forum where the case will proceed.  This selection is very important and unless the defense of improper venue is immediately raised, it’s waived.

If you have questions about your rights for a child who was born out of wedlock then it is highly recommended that you consult with a Jacksonville fathers rights lawyer as soon as possible.

Off-Setting Child Support with Overnight Time-Sharing

If you are the biological father of a child born out of wedlock and you take no action, then odds are the mother will apply for benefits from the state which could subject you to repayment of the state’s funds as well as to the establishment of child support pursuant to the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.  In most instances, this can result in overpayment of child support because the child support program is not authorized to decide or give credit for substantial overnight time-sharing.  Taking substantial overnight time-sharing into account can reduce your monthly obligation under the guidelines.  If you have questions about child support and parenting you should immediately consult with an experienced Jacksonville Fathers rights lawyer.

Contact us Today for Your Free Father Rights Consultation

For help establishing your parental rights contact Sam Jubran today at (904) 360-6100 or click to submit the confidential case evaluation form and we will be in touch soon.