Jacksonville High Asset Divorce Lawyer
High Asset Divorce Attorney Serving Jacksonville
During a divorce, people worry about losing the structure they’ve created for themselves. This includes not only the structure of their family, but also the financial position that they’ve built together. Losing financial security is undoubtedly one of the most worrisome parts of divorce. The state of Florida cites very specific rules when it comes to the division of assets. The complications of this process become all the more significant when there are businesses and properties to divide.
Don’t let an inexperienced attorney risk your hard-earned assets in a divorce. A Jacksonville high asset divorce lawyer will be there to provide the support you need in these critical areas:
- Spousal Support/Custody
- Hidden Assets
- Family Businesses
- Asset Appraisal
In a high income/ high asset divorce, we must work out the equitable distribution of:
- Stocks, Bonds, and mutual funds
- Retirement Funds (401(k)s, deferred compensation, pension accounts)
- Real Property (rental units, vacation homes)
With attorney A. Sam Jubran, he can walk you through this complicated process and be your aggressive advocate in protecting all that you’ve worked to achieve.
Calculating Income & Support
The income of a wealthy individual is a complicated matter to determine. Income may fall into a few categories, especially if one is self-employed or income comes from several sources:
- Determined & Recurring Income: The majority of high income/ high asset income earners have a regular base that they earn, either from a routine draw or salary.
- Profit Distribution, Bonus, & Commission: Many wealthy earners are paid out through a profit distribution or in the form of a bonus. A profit distribution is paid to a self-employed individual throughout the year, while a bonus is paid to a CEO (or other executive), and is usually tied to performance. Commissions are similar to bonuses, in that they are tied to performance.
- Company Prerequisites & Other Income: Car allowance, expense allowance, etc. can be considered a part of one’s high income/ high assets. This type of income, that’s often looked at as part of the job during a marriage, can be looked at as income to be divided during a divorce.
- Interest & Passive Income: Investment accounts, stocks and bonds provide interest income. Rental income and limited partnership are types of Passive Income.
The Jacksonville Divorce attorneys at A. Sam Jubran’s Office will use our expertise and complex knowledge of income types and their specifics to protect yours. Request a free consultation with our Jacksonville High Asset Divorce Attorney at our firm to find out more.
Marital Assets and Debts
Florida is an “equitable distribution” state, meaning marital and non-marital assets must be ascertained before ruling how to distribute them. But high net worth individuals may have other substantial assets, including:
- Stock and partnership holdings
- Real estate investments/trusts
- Hedge funds
- Retirement benefits
- Executive compensation plans
- A professional practice
- Commodity-based holdings
- Private equity funds
- A stock portfolio
Assigning value to different assets is challenging and it’s imperative that you have a high income/ high asset attorney involved in the process of protecting your wealth.
Alimony, or spousal support, is one spouse’s request of financial support from the other in a divorce. In divorce cases where one spouse earns a high income or has a high net worth, the amount of alimony granted by the court could be substantial. The attorneys at A. Sam Jubran’s office are adept in obtaining alimony and protecting your wealth in a divorce.
Another complex matter in the divorce of a couple with minor children is child support. Florida law provides a chart listing the exact amounts of child support to be paid, taking into account income and number of children. Our office will make all factors known in this calculation and make sure your interests are promoted and protected during the process.
Contact a Experienced Jacksonville High Asset Divorce Lawyer at Sam Jubran’s Office
The attorneys at A. Sam Jubran have a wealth of knowledge when representing hard-working, high income/ high asset clients facing a divorce. Divorce rulings can permanently affect your income and financial legacy. Jacksonville high asset divorce attorney Sam Jubran will fight to protect your financial way of life, in spite of your divorce.